TC.ACS is a series of full digital, full 4 quadrant 3-phase AC power sources with exceptional programming features. Each TC.ACS unit represents a three-in-one configuration:
- Versatile synthesized 3-phase grid simulator with 4 fully controlled active outputs. Operation mode setting per comprehensive software tools. Note the fully active N-connection available at the Simulator Port.
- Built-in full 4-Quadrant 1 to 3-phase power amplifier with outstanding qualities, 3 independent and galvanic isolated amplifier inputs, especially suited for high bandwidth HIL applications within the power laboratory, assisted by an external RT processor.
- Programmable RLC-load mode (electronic AC load with grid recuperation) to substitute real and bulky resistors, inductors and capacitors. Reactive power is recuperated into the 3-phase grid with maximum efficiency.
The multi-level inverter technology common with a remarkable high switching frequency opens up a wide base frequency range from DC up to 1000Hz and an exceptionally high modulation bandwidth of 5 kHz. Therefore, harmonic distortion up to the 100th harmonic @ 50 Hz or the 83th harmonic @ 60Hz can be exactly reproduced, assisted by a comfortable Fourier tool. Of course, the system can easily and comprehensively be adapted to the various tasks to be carried out within the fields of R+D, laboratory, end-of-line testing and education.
By means of the application software ACSControl, the user is enabled to program the following parameters:
- Variation of basic system voltages and frequency
- Settings of phase relationship
- Voltage drops in the whole network or individual drops per phase
- Micro ruptures and flickers
- Over- and under voltages
- Voltage asymmetries
- Superimposed harmonic and interharmonic voltage waveforms
- Variation of phase angles
- Special conditions for EMC testing
- Transition from feeding to recuperation operation and vice versa
- Analyses of energy flow
The modular structure based on 30 kVA or 50 kVA units allows for a flexible adaptation to the customer's power requirements. By simply connecting basic units in a parallel mode, systems of up to 1000kVA can be set up. The hardware is operating in all 4 quadrants and is able to fully refeed into the power system. Apart from testing power feedback units, the system also enables the operation of linear and nonlinear feeding systems for measuring and evaluation purposes. An operation in single phase mode is also possible down to DC mode.
User Software ACSControl
The tailor made software tool ACSControl enables the operator either to manually operate the system or to program and run automated test sequences and to use the functionality of data acquisition of the system. Moreover the software offers some screens for parameterising, sequencing, visualising of the current system data and test results as well as for recording and documentation of test results. ACSControl allows also for switching over between the 'Simulator Mode' and the 'Amplifier mode' of the system.
The User's Advantages
The user's advantages are as follows:
- Compact and completely modular design
- High effectivity in all operation modes
- Ability to use an existing liquid cooling system directly
- Optional matched liquid-to-air cooling unit TC.LAE available
- Possibility of upgrading to systems of up to 1 MVA
- High level of system dynamics, ≤ 5 kHz modulation bandwidth
- Non-restrictive capability of refeeding in the Q4 operation mode
- Possibility of operating as an autonomous 4-Q and 3-phase quasi-analogue amplifier
- Possibility of “Hardware-in-the loop”-operation (HIL mode)
- User friendly application software with pre-configured test patterns
- Possibility of integrating into a complete SAS simulation and test system
- Galvanic isolation available as an option without derating the simulator port data
- Three different operation modes:
a) Programmable Grid Simulator
b) Remote operated 4Q AC voltage amplifier
c) Electronic AC-load featuring programmable RLC load impedance
TC.ACS Grid Simulators made by Regatron AG can be operated as a self-contained system for comprehensive testing of solar and additive energy inverters as an example. In the field of power test and development labs the high degree of programmability allows establishing all imaginable grid situations and evaluation procedures. TC.ACS is representing therefore an ideal tool for all R + D and simulation work.